Saturday, November 9, 2013

I Was a Very Strange Seven-Year-Old...

Hi.  Back again?  :)

Recently, I found a notebook in my closet from when I was in first grade.  It's a pink Barbie notebook, with flowers and hearts and who knows what else.  As I pulled it out, I thought, this is gonna be good.

And it was.
#BarbieSwag.  Just kidding.



Let me tell ya, there are some pretty interesting things in that notebook, starting with a list of boys I hated, organized into "new" and "old" categories.




I moved during that time, so that might explain the old and new thing.  But still, this can not be what goes through a normal seven-year-old's head.

There was also a dictionary I made, with an interesting mix of words...



I don't really know how I picked those words, and how I decided that the Jordanelle reservoir, a washing machine and my mom's name (which is a little tricky, I'll admit) somehow had something in common.

I had also made up TV show theme song lyrics ("We're the Cool Girls") and movie reviews (Barbie: Mermaidia), amongst other random things.

There are also a few stories in there.  I was obsessed with mysteries at the time, so they're all extremely under-developed stories about a stolen this, that and the other thing.  For your entertainment, I have typed one of them up for you, bad spelling, grammar mistakes, random capitalization and all!  (I gave myself the benefit of the doubt when it came to not being able to read my own handwriting in places.)  Unfortunately, I didn't finish this story, but I didn't want to bore you with a really long one about "bibble verses."

The Case of the Vase

One hot sunny day, Sindy was swing with her bossy sister, Jane.  Sindy was board.  School was out, so there wasn't any home work.  Her friends were on vacation, and it was too hot to ride bikes.  She decided to get a job.  She looked in the newspaper.  She found a job: Watch over things at Zu Zu's glass store.  Sindy decided to take the job.  Early next morning she made her bed, washed her face, eat breakfast and of She went!

At the store she saw her friend, Charlete.  I'm going to work with you!  Sindy was happy that she could work with Charlete for three weeks.  But one day, Charlete met her at the door.  Sindy!  She said.  Some one stole a vase!  What! Sindy cried!  Are you serius!  "Calm down.  you're a detective." CHarlete said.  you could solve the case!  great idea!  Sindy said.  I'll start at lunch break.

That afternoon, Sindy asked the owner of the store, Mrs. Case, where the vase was takin.  Mrs. Case lead her past the Jewlry room, past the China tables and chairs, and into a room full of colerful glass decorations.  Mrs. Case lead Sindy to a shelf covered with vases.  In the middle, There was a space.  Sindy thanked Mrs. Case and started to anvestagate.  I found a clue!  she said.  A pink and purple boa was dangling from the shelf.  Great! Sinday said.  My first clue!  She opened her note book and wrote:

The Case of the Vase.

Under that she wrote: Clues.  She wrote Pink and Purple Boa.  Then she closed her note book because the lunch break was over.  "Darn, time for work!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the next Nancy Drew writer.

Obviously, this story is extremely realistic because EVERYONE knows that all burglars go to rob stores wearing pink and purple boas.  Duh.

Do you like my poorly drawn picture?  Me too.


If you're confused after reading this post because the stuff in here is so ridiculously random and weird, trust me, I'm just as perplexed as you are.

So, in case you haven't figured it out yourself yet, I was one strange seven-year-old.

Just sayin'.

And here's a picture of me as a seven-year-old, just to give you a face behind the spaztastic stuff in the notebook I found. :)

I'm the one smiling weirdly on the right.  My sister Erin's on the left. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! You should write a mystery book for sure! I also found an old diary in my closet and I opened it up, and apparently I had an imaginary hermit crab! 'Cause imaginary friends are too mainstream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA that's so awesome! I love your picture XD AND OMG THE PUN OF THE WEEK!!! AHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S SO WONDERFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a friend of yours at the time would have been...interesting. I love it! This is a really funny post and I can totally relate to the young humor! I loved how you included pictures of your Barbie diary. This was fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..... I almost died laughing! Every one of your posts are hilarious especially this one. I can totally see what you mean. I think your really could be the next writer of Nancy Drew. I love your list of boys you hate, I can picture you doing that(and thinking hard about it).

    ReplyDelete