Friday, May 16, 2014

It's Been Real

It is a sad day in this corner of the blogosphere.  The school year is coming to a close (that's not why I'm sad) and Just Sayin' is having its last say today (that's why I'm sad).  I have loved ranting and making lists and everything else for you guys to read.  We've really made a connection this year, wouldn't ya say?  But anyway, as the last post of the school year, it's time to reflect.


List #1: Things I have dipped my hair in this year (accidentally of course)
Green paint
Paper Mache
Clay (More like clay got in my hair than my hair got in the clay... whatever)
Salty potato water

List #2: My biggest accomplishments this year
Biggest academic accomplishment: I switched into AP Geography second semester, made up the entire book, and got the highest grade in my class on the practice test.  The actual AP test, however, is another matter.

Biggest artistic accomplishment: This.


This, my friends, is a ball I made out of wax from the coverings of Babybel cheese.  One layer at a time, usually while reading the AP textbook, was added, and I still have many more to add.

Okay, I'm just kidding.  This is my actual biggest artistic accomplishment:

How to fangirl: Ceramics edition

This is a bowl I made in ceramics.  Yes, it is a Divergent themed bowl.  Yes, I proudly embrace the geekiness.

Biggest fitness accomplishment: This year I set my record for a plank, which is 6 minutes.  I plan on beating that as soon as possible.  Those abs don't carve themselves.

Biggest social accomplishment: If you have ever met me in real life, you know that I am not the most social person.  But I went ahead and got a job application at Great Harvest.  It was scary enough for me to just ask for an application and turn it in a few days later.  Now I am waiting for a call, and I jump about a foot high every time the phone rings.  It's usually just Pauline who calls though.

Biggest regret (I know that's not an accomplishment but it kind of fits in this category): I wish I had posted more!  I love people who post more than once a week.  You're my favorites.  I wish I had done that too, but somehow there wasn't ever time.  Also, I regret sounding kind of negative on my blog.  This was the outlet where I got out all my stress, so that's kinda what happened.

List #3: Contents of my locker at the end of the school year
1 binder
7 notebooks
1 AP textbook
1 Barron's book
1 AP number card
1 paper Odysseus beard
31 plastic Ziploc bags

List #4: Things I've loved about this blog assignment
Having an emotional outlet
Stalking everyone else's blogs
Cracking up at my own posts
Stalking everyone else's blogs
Finding my writing style
Stalking everyone else's blogs
Having fun homework for once
Stalking everyone else's blogs

List #5: Embarrassing things I've done this school year
Opening my locker and banging it right into my forehead
All of the stupid things I've said (Trust me, there have been a lot)
Made eye contact with someone on the bus through their Snapchat screen
Whacked someone in the leg with a poster
Dropped a metal clay platform on the tile floor in a dead silent room
Worn things I didn't know were hideous until afterwards

Gif courtesy of this website

There are many, many, many more.  But I do still maintain a certain level of dignity.  Okay, actually I just can't think of any right now.  If you know me you can probably list a few more by yourself.

So guys, this is where it ends.  Just Sayin' is saying goodbye.  But, if you still want to read things by moi, I have ANOTHER blog!  Yep, that's right.  I wrote it last year when I went to school in Germany, and I will be continuing that this summer while I'm there.  Last year, I posted a ton, and it was a lot of narrative and information, but this year I'm thinking about switching it up a little. We'll see.  And maybe I'll keep up this blog anyway, just for fun.  Just for me.

I just want to say, this has been the best school assignment ever.  From laughing at my own posts to stalking everyone else's, this has been a blast, and I'm really going to miss it.  Thanks for reading my blog, and thanks for bearing with my complaints and eccentricities.  I hope you liked it and I hope you laughed.

It's been real.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment