Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Julia Explains "Shipping" to her Parents

So here we all are, sitting at the dinner table, having normal dinner conversations.  Which for my family means we were talking about the day in the future that my younger sister Erin will be asked to prom by my friend Ashley's brother Cole.  It is going to happen.  They are our OTP.  So I was like, "Ashley and I TOTALLY ship them."  And the table is quiet.

Mom: What does that even mean?

Me: You ship them.  It's like you want the two people together.

Mom: Do you ship them to each other?  Where are you shipping them?

Me: No, you ship them with each other.

Dad: That makes no sense.

Mom: Where do you ship them?

Me: You just ship them.

Mom: But that doesn't make sense.  You can't just ship people.

Me: This is just the tip of the fandom iceberg, you guys.  This is ridiculous.

Mom: But don't you have to be a fan of something to be in a fandom?

Me: Yes.  There are all kinds of fandoms for different things.

Dad: That makes no sense.

Me: Let me give you an example.  If you are in the Hunger Games fandom, you fangirl over Hunger Games things, and you ship Katniss and Peeta.

Erin: Is Peeta a boy or a girl?

Mom: Pita is a kind of bread.

Me:
Image courtesy of this website

My family is so clueless on the fandom life.  Okay?  Okay.

Just sayin'.

P.S. My posting is going to be very random because it's like 57th in line on my list of priorities.  But I still love my readers, all three of you.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at this!! Your parents are hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete