Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Joys of International Flights

Hey y'all.  Yours truly is currently writing from Leverkusen, Germany.  Whoop whoop!  Do you know how I got here? A 4-hour flight, 5-hour layover, an 8-hour flight, and a 30-minute car ride.  It sucked.

So I figured most of us here have ridden in a plane before, even if it wasn't international.  And we can all relate to the joys and woes of airports and airplanes.  So, here are things I think during the adventure of getting from one place to another using this joyful method of transportation.

Me: Why do we have to get up at 4 flippin o'clock in the morning for a 7:30 flight?

Me: Don't touch anything.  Don't touch anything.  Don't touch anything.  OHMYGOD I TOUCHED SOMETHING!
<Obsessively rubs in hand sanitizer>

Me: Airport workers aren't very friendly at 5 in the morning.

Me: I really hope I don't see anyone I know.  I look like a piece of poop.

Me: OHMYGOD THE SEATS HAVE INDIVIDUAL SCREENS!!
Gif courtesy of this website
Me: Babies should not be allowed on planes.

Me: I hate everyone and everything.

Me: Ooh look at the plane wing...
Image courtesy of Meme Generator

Announcement: Please do not leave your luggage unattended.
Me: Do I look like an idiot to you?

Me: I wish I could sleep on planes.

Me: I no longer care that I look like a piece of poop.

<Waiting for suitcase on the luggage merry-go-round thing.>
Me: So much boredom and anxiety packed into one activity.

Me:
Gif courtesy of Reply Gif
Me: An 8 hour time difference is a cruel and powerful thing.

International flights suck.  You have to find joy in the small things.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment