Friday, October 11, 2013

10 Reasons Why Being Sick Sucks

Hello, my crazy mob of die-hard fans!  Yep, I'm looking at you, Mom!

Just kidding.  I'm not so pathetic as to only have my mom read my blog.  I think two of my friends read it too!  Suc-CESS!

So, now that I've wowed you with my utter lameness, I should probably get to the point.

I have been sick all week with various things, and let me tell you, it is NOT fun.  At all.  You probably know this already, since chances are you've been sick before, but I am here to refresh your memory of why exactly being sick makes your life miserable.
1. You miss school.

Yeah, yeah, in elementary school missing class was great.  Well, elementary schoolers didn't have four classes a day to make up, each with its own load of homework, classwork and quizzes.   I only missed one day of school this week, but I have been uber stressed with making everything up all week.  I just don't have time to be sick!

Image courtesy of MemeGenerator


2.  You can't even take advantage of your time home from school.

Most people who aren't sick think that being home sick sounds great.  Well, guess what?  When you're at home, you can't even take advantage of it by watching TV or something because you're too miserable to do anything but writhe around on the floor and feel bad for yourself.

3. You miss volleyball.

Our volleyball practices are every day after school for two and a half hours.  I missed one of those practices this week, along with a game at Union.  We're nearing the last few weeks of our season, and every game is precious.  Of course, it is also the few weeks I am sick. :(

4. You have to wear glasses to school and look horrible in general.

Did you guys see me today?  I may have gotten a few compliments for my glasses today, but I think they were probably just masking shock and horror.  I HATE my glasses.  They're ugly and dumb and even crooked.  Grr.  I couldn't wear contacts today because of an eye gunk incident (see #8), so I got to walk around the school looking like a complete nerd.  Oh, wait, I am a nerd.  Hmmmmm.....

5. You have a headache and stomachache.

It sucks.  When you need to be focusing on your biology test or volleyball approach, you really just want to grab your forehead like you're Harry Potter who just saw Voldemort.

6. You have a sore throat and a cough.

These are NOT fun.  All week, I've felt like I have a rock in my throat that I need to swallow around, and my cough is pretty darn impressive too.  In class things will usually sound like this:

Teacher: So now you need to pull out a piece of paper and write–

Me: GARKLLEDHGIEH GAK

Teacher: When you're done with that, please turn it in to the basket.

7. You have to try to treat that sore throat and cough.

First my mom tried to get me to gargle salt water.  I almost swallowed it.  I've also been given cough medicine numerous times.  It's pretty much unhappiness and evil in a liquid.  I've almost spit it out, I've gagged on it, and I've almost thrown it up.  Somehow it's not working for me.

8. You get eye gunk.

This morning, I woke up with so much gunk on my eyes that I couldn't open them until I picked it all off. It was greeaaat.  Just kidding.

9. You hate life

If you saw me looking like a murderous freak looking for its next target, you can blame it on being sick all week.

10. Life hates you

I think my week speaks for itself in that regard.

So, if you weren't convinced of this already, I can verify that being sick sucks.

Just sayin'.

Click here for an awesome article about being sick at home.  I can totally understand where the author's coming from, so I can really take her advice to heart.  The advice may sound a little off (eat candy, watch TV, be unproductive) but it's really useful and (I think so anyway) spot-on.  Eating candy is always the right thing to do. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on that last part. Eating candy never fails.
    And, FYI, I thought you looked really cute in your glasses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I feel your pain, being sick sucks. Though you make your experience sound funny : )

    ReplyDelete