Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nerd Problems

Bonjour!  In case you don't know me, or are just extremely oblivious, you know that I am a nerd and a bookworm.  Well, being a nerd presents completely different problems than being, uh, a normal person.  The things nerds enjoy can be strange, the problems they face are unique, and I have to say, I've found myself in positions of complete nerdiness multiple times.

Without further ado....  10 problems of being a nerd!

1. Enjoying the bus ride by reading and eating carrots.

I am not kidding.  I seriously look forward to the bus ride home because I can just read.  Eating always makes reading more enjoyable, so I spend my bus rides by being the weird antisocial girl reading and eating carrots.  I know, it's sad.

2. Seeing fall leaves while playing outside and wanting to look at them under a microscope.

Yes, I actually did this.  I don't even like science!  What is wrong with me?

3. When you recommend a book to someone or just love it, and they don't like it, you take it personally.

When you're a nerd, this is probably the most drama you and your friends will ever reach.  Most of my arguments with my friends consist of why a book was or was not good.  I guess that's actually a good thing.....

4. Getting too emotionally attached to books.

Yep, that's me: the person who cries excessively while reading sad parts of books, wishing she could live inside the story, and who gets really depressed when the series is over.

5. This:

Fun.  Not.

6. You have to get stuff done, but you really just want to read.  

This was the case with me when I was reading Cinder.

Exercise? No.
Homework? Fine, maybe a little.
Sleep?  Haha, nope.
Eating?  It's called multitasking, duh.

7. You always get ideas at the worst possible times and are forced to either repeat the ideas in your head so you don't forget before you get to some gosh-darn paper, or you write it on your arm. :)

That's my arm, featuring the ideas for this post. :)

8. Book drama.

Here's a tip: DON'T START A BOOK IF THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES AREN'T WRITTEN YET!!!  It creates problems for you.  For example, now that Allegiant has finally come out, I have to reread Divergent and Insurgent so I can remember what the heck is going on.  But I'm reading Cinder, which is the first book in a series, so while rereading Divergent I'm going to forget what happened in the Cinder series, the third book of which doesn't come out until February.  Why do you do this to yourself, Julia?!?!?

I'm not even kidding, this has been torturing me all week.  If you hang out with me, you probably already know this because I've randomly ranted about it, then realized how ridiculously nerdy I sound, and shut up.  But seriously guys, being a nerd causes legit issues.

9. Feeling pressured to read, like, every book ever.

Is that just me?  Yeah?  Oh.  Okay.  I get so many recommendations, lists, new books from authors I like, and it all builds up and I get overwhelmed.  Sigh.

10. You suffer from either PBSD or PMSD.

Yep, Post Book Stress Disorder and Post Movie Stress Disorder.  PBSD and PMSD are when you can't stop thinking about a book or movie ages after you read/watched it.  After watching Catching Fire, I literally walked around in a daze for days (see what I did there?) saying "It was so good!" over and over again.  I'm still freaking out about it.  OH MY GOD IT WAS JUST SO AMAZING!  Anyway.

Being a nerd can create more problems than you'd think.

Just sayin'.

UPDATE: I just finished reading Allegiant (!!!!!) and I am suffering from some serious PBSD.  It was amazing, and really sad, and the last book in a series always leaves you really depressed that it's over.  I read the SADDEST part on the schoolbus, and of course I started crying.  Can you say AWKWARD?

5 comments:

  1. Haha I love this post :) Number 9 and number 10 really speak to me, but I don't know why. . . ;D

    PS ~ great face on Number 5. I love it!

    #teampeeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually hilarious! Everything on your blog is so relatable which makes it even more fun to read! Haha :) I like how you always write just sayin' at the end of each blog, because it really ties everything together. #5 made me laugh because it's totally something you would do haha! Keep on making the blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Sorry I read this post so late... but anyway, it was so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post. It's hysterical! I really like the list style of writing in all of your posts. I definitely relate to number eight and number five in this post. They should just write and publish them all at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This like actually made my life because all of them are exactly what I go through on a day to day basis.

    ReplyDelete